“How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon, December is here before it’s June, My goodness how the time has flewn! How did it get so late so soon!” -Dr. Seuss
Gone are those days of playing whole day long and being so carefree! The days when we used our hearts more than our minds. Gone are the childhood days! Years are passing by so quickly. One must therefore enjoy and utilise each and every day because every single day counts.
It seems that there is never enough time in the day. But, since we all get the same 24 hours, why is it that some people achieve so much more with their time than others? The answer lies in good time management.
Time management leads to improved efficiency and productivity. Managing time well also allows one to have space to be creative and be proactive with one’s goals.
Following are some tips to manage time wisely-
1) ORGANISATION- Staying organized can help one maintain a clear picture of what needs to completed and when.
2) PRIORITISING– Assessing what is important for you to do is a key to good time management. Prioritization is a difficult task but gets easier with practice. One can write the “to-do tasks” to make it easier to prioritize.
3) SETTING GOALS– Setting goals, short term as well as long term is an essential part of time management. Set goals that are S.M.A.R.T- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound. These goals would bring a solid structure to your life.
4)BLOCK DISTRACTIONS– Emails, phone calls, and social media messages are some of the common yet biggest distractions. One must set a limited time for these “not so important things” or even try ignoring these if possible.
5) TAKE SMALL BREAKS-Smart time management isn’t always about doing something or the other. It also emphasizes on the fact that little breaks after an hour or so can take your productivity to another level. I personally as a student cannot do anything continuously for a longer period of time and thus prefer taking short breaks in between.
6) SLEEP atleast 6-8 hrs- When you get a sound sleep for six to eight hours, not only you feel fresh but it also contributes to a healthy lifestyle. On the contrary, when you don’t get enough sleep, you are also increasing risk of diseases.
Time management plays an important role in our day-to-day lives. Even educating yourself about the basic time management tips can do wonders in one’s life!